Sunday, September 14, 2014

richter scale

“You…” he began, situating himself squarely in front of me on the couch. “You’ve been in bed so much. Never getting up. And I just.” He looked up at me with the same piercing eyes that I so long ago fell in love with. “I don’t want to be in this relationship anymore,” he stated. Directly. To the point. Without blinking.


My eyes fell and I nodded.
Like scene from a goddamn movie.
Unreal.

He continued talking but I never heard him. I didn’t want to cry. I’d braced myself for this inevitable moment, feeling the initial tremors of this earthquake months and months ago. But. Within seconds, in absolutely shame... I collapsed in rib-seizing sobs, choking on my own breath as everything, every thread that was tentatively holding me together, was snapped in twain.

No comments:

Post a Comment