Saturday, May 1, 2010

write


I’m a writer.
I write stuff down
In notebooks, on paper napkins, on skin.
I find the paths unwalked and wade on through
Never stopping for a moment to consider turning around.
I weave words together, and temper them like cold iron
So when they reach your hands, they will know just how to pierce, or heal.
I create the landscapes you see in your own dreams
Memorizing where I wander when I stare off into space.
I paint with my hands in colors I discovered as a child
Borrowing from nature or the tall structures man has devised for himself.
I hold up colored glass to my eyes, to see the world in a different light,
Watching the shadows of a sunset in a strange hue of green
And it is what keeps my heart alive when I discover I am confined.
You must understand –
I’m a writer.
I write stuff down.
I cannot be tamed, or cured.
You must let me run my course;
I am Chaos.
I am not dangerous in small doses, I promise.
But someone may have been waiting their whole life for what I have to say,
For what I see as truth and beauty, bound together and inseparable,
May save their life
Or change their mind.
Do not hold me back.
I am a writer.
I write stuff down.

No comments:

Post a Comment